Proper Tire Maintenance
24 / 7 Emergency Service
Semi Tire Repair & Replacement
Farm Tire Repairs & Replacement
What is Proper Tire Maintenance?
Proper tire maintenance are the steps that you and your mechanic can take to help ensure longest life and best performance out of Oneonta NY tires. Tire maintenance is critical for the tread, sidewall, and pressure of your tires, and regular balancing and rotations are key parts of proper tire maintenance.
Why is Regular Tire Maintenance Important?
Proper tire maintenance serves several functions, including:
- preventing irregular wear and tear on your tires
- ensuring proper grip, handling, and braking for safe driving
When is Tire Rotation Needed?
Most professionals agree that you should rotate your tires between every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. And, to be safe, it is best to have this done when you have your oil changed to ensure a regular schedule is followed.
Are Tire Rotations Really Important?
Yes. Tire rotations are critical maintenance that will have several positive effects on your tires:
- Help to avoid uneven wear and tear on your tires
- Help increase your tires’ lifetime and saving you money
How Do You Know if You Need an Alignment?
There are a few telltale signs that indicate that you need to have your tires aligned, including:
- Your vehicle is pulling to the left or right
- You have uneven and / or rapid wear and tear on your tires
- Your steering wheel is crooked when your tires are going straight
How Often Should You Get An Alignment?
Most professionals recommend that you get your tires aligned every 2-3 years at most, with the bare minimum being whenever you buy new tires.
How Do You Know When Your Tires Need Balancing?
The telltale sign that your tires need to be balanced is that there is a bit of shaking / vibration between 60 – 70 mph. Aside from that, tire balancing should be part of your regular tire maintenance plan, with balancing done about every 6,000 miles (basically every or every other oil change).
How Long Can You Drive on Unbalanced Tires?
You should not drive on tires that are noticeably unbalanced any longer than is absolutely necessary. Driving on unbalanced tires can:
- Cause rapid tire damage
- Decrease the lifetime of your tires
- Put unneeded stress on your shocks, bearings, and wheel assembly
Tires Oneonta NY
Services & Pricing
Book An Appointment